About Jill Pratzon and Pratzon Art Restoration
Formed by Jill Pratzon in 1990, Pratzon Art Restoration is dedicated to restoring the beauty and the value of original illustration art and fine art. We specialize in the care and repair of paintings on canvas and board.
Located in the Flatiron/Chelsea district of Manhattan, Pratzon Art Restoration has restored a full range of original paintings from the Golden Age of Illustration to pulp and paperback illustration art and contemporary works. Recent projects include:
- a Hudson River School landscape, unidentifed until Jill Pratzon discovered its signature hidden under a layer of grime
- an early 16th century Italian Rennaissance painting by Francesco Maria Rondani
- a ceiling panel from a church built in the 1940's
- more than a dozen painted paper masks by Polish illustrator Wladslaw Benda
- a bevy of pin-up art done in oil on canvas as well as pastel on paper, board and canvas
- a important collection of Abstract Expressionist art for a new museum opening in 2017
Clients include individual collectors, arts organizations, auction houses, galleries, corporations, libraries, churches and schools.
In addition to important cultural property, Pratzon Art Restoration has cared for countless privately owned works.
"When clients say to me, 'I know it isn't worth a lot, but I love it,' I assure them that if it's important to them, it's important to me," says Jill.
Please contact Pratzon Art Restoration if your painting is in need of any of our services.
- mending tears
- removing darkened and discolored varnish
- relining damaged and torn canvas
- stabilizing fragile and flaking pigment
- sensitively compensating and conservatively in-painting lost paint
- on-site examination of artwork
- documentation and treatment reports
- pre-purchase advice regarding condition and previous treatment
Every painting holds history and intention - and deserves care and respect.